This is horrible! It has been almost a year and I am just now getting to the second half (more like 3/4ths) of our thank you notes. If you have yet to receive one and you are reading this, know I am being punished by my own guilt, sore hand, and the raise in postage stamps ha ha ha I had to buy one cent stamps to make up the difference between the 2012 and 2011 first class postage stamp. Ha ha. Lesson learned.
For all you ladies out there that have not gotten married yet, do not make my same mistake. The thank you note responsibility never goes away-- it only gets more expensive :)
But I guess it is a perfect rainy day activity!
A funny story about wedding thank you notes...
ReplyDeleteafter I got married, I hated trying to find the time to write notes with my newly wed days. I finally finished, not sure how long it took but my mom said "give them to me and I will buy the stamps and mail them for you." Wow, what a great idea for newly weds so that is what I did. about 5 years later, my parents went on a trip mostly around the world for several weeks or months, i can't remember and Brent and I stayed at their house. I thought i would help my mom out by going through some of her rooms to clean and organize. I enjoyed that kind of thing and as i was starting to organize her dresser, I noticed a stack of envelopes in her top drawer, i turned them over and found to my horror and dismay, quite a stack of unmailed thank you notes with no stamps and they were completely addressed. So....good job Amanda for sucking it up and getting it done. Haha I laugh now but I don't even remember what i did with them. I don't think they every got sent because i was so embarrassed by then.